Carpets help us dress a room. They are an ideal complement to achieve a cozy style for the home. But what happens when they smell bad? Today, we want to share with you some tips to get rid of the bad smell of carpets.
Remove Bad Smell from Carpets step by step
Dust and mites, food crumbs, liquids, urine and pet hair are some of the causes of bad odours in carpets and other places in the home! Here are some practical indications to offset odours and return the carpet to its original freshness!
Ventilate the Room
The first step in removing odour from carpet may seem simple, but sometimes we forget to perform the most logical tasks out of concern for the next step!
When we talk about bad smells, the first certificate we usually give is to ventilate the room. To do this, open the windows wide for at least 10 minutes. The idea is to get the air to circulate and the bad smell disappears.
Thoroughly vacuum the rug to help remove food debris that could cause odour.
The vacuum cleaner is our great partner in carpet cleaning service the home and this case is not going to be the exception. Its power will allow us to remove particles, dust and lint from the carpet.
To efficiently vacuum your carpet it is important that:
- Use the proper power, this is a medium power. Think that a high power would absorb the carpet and make your work difficult.
- Choose the most suitable vacuum cleaner. This is usually the wide head stand up the vacuum. If you have the classic household vacuum cleaner with a tube that sucks, don’t worry, it will also work for you but it will cost you a little more to cover the ground.
- Vacuum the vacuum straight across the pile of the carpet and move it back at an angle.
- Make a second pass in another direction, that is to say, that if the first time you sucked in length, the second time you do it in width.
Cleaning Carpets with Baking Soda
Once you’ve vacuumed, it’s time to start to clean hard stains from carpet and odours. During this, you can apply baking soda.
Spread a good amount of baking soda on the carpet and let it work overnight. The next day, vacuum again.
Clean the Carpet with Vinegar
Vinegar has gained many followers in recent years as a biological option for cleaning the home. Different studies speak of the antibacterial benefits of vinegar.
If you’re wondering how to get rid of bad smells from carpets, here’s the answer: mix a glass of water with a glass of white vinegar and a tablespoon of dish soap. Dip a rag in the mixture and wipe it across the carpet. Remove excess moisture with a dry cloth.
Use Hydrogen Peroxide
If any liquid has been spilled on the carpet, you can put hydrogen peroxide on the stain and wipe it from the centre out. Hydrogen peroxide, like vinegar, fights bacteria and helps offset bad odours.
How to Remove Strong Odours from the House
Air fresheners and fragrances help eliminate bad odours at home and in the office.
Now that you have cleaned your carpet, it is time to decide for the future: how to combat unpleasant odours in the home, store or office?
The best option is to use air fresheners. There are many varieties:
- Electric air fresheners for companies and homes.
- Systems with dry air technology that continuously release fragrances.
- Air conditioning aroma diffusers, specially designed for large surfaces.
- Scent systems that turn a liquid fragrance into a soft dry mist.
- Candles, mikados and personalized environmental sprays.
As you can see, the options are multiple. If you have doubts about what is the best option to neutralize odours in your home or business, do not delay contacting us.